Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2008-03-05, 8:11AM PST
490 Chiquita Avenue, #7, Mountain View, CA 94041
(650) 450 6322
SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
• Over 4 years of hands-on experience in manual and automated black box software
• Strong expertise in testing web-based and client/server applications
• Understanding of software development life cycle
• Strong documentation skills - Test Plans, Test Cases, Use Cases, QA lists, bug
reports, Change history, Test results reports, etc.
• Validate requirements and specifications for ambiguity, incompleteness,
• Application of software testing methodology for real life software testing
• Experienced in researching and reporting software defects
• Utilization of test automation tools for creating and maintaining automated
• Proficiency in locating and reporting software anomalies and defects
• Able to change gears and react quickly to new challenges
• Detail-oriented self-starter able to organize and execute multiple and diverse
Operating Systems: Window Vista/XP/NT/2000/98, UNIX/LINUX
Test Automation Tools: QuickTest Pro, WinRunner, SilkTest
Defect Tracking Tools: TrackGear, Mantis
Software: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop. etc
Quality Management: ISO 9001
Source Control System: SVN
Networking: LAN, WAN, Internet, Intranet, HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP, DNS
11/07 – present Software QA Engineer, LASTH Corp., Mountain View, CA
• Test on-line community application developed for individuals interested in
joining the entertainment industry as casting call talent. The application automates the
process of applying for casting calls and selecting talent by casting call manager.
• Provide intensive regression testing of software updates before uploading them
to Production Server
• Provide overall functionality testing as well as in-depth testing of many
features and functional areas such as galleries, member portfolios, news, “more
successful members”, current event logs, etc.
• Write detailed test cases and test suites for designated areas of testing such
as Gallery, Registration, Credit Card, Member Profile, casting Call Search, etc.
• Research software problems and made them reproducible
• Submit bug reports using Mantis bug tracking software
• Test Browser and Operating System compatibility issues
• Test performance, usability, navigation, links, images, forms, etc.
• Execute structured and ad hoc tests against new releases
• Report many problems of various severity level
• Communicate with coworkers to resolve various issues
01/06-11/07 Software QA Engineer, ScienceSoft, Minsk, Belarus
• Tested Windows-based software application, which automates all the processes
involved in drug manufacturing (client located in Great Britain) under ISO 9001 standard
• Reviewed Product Requirements and Functional Specifications to identify
contradictory, ambiguous, and incomplete requirements
• Developed test cases? for functional, regression, and release acceptance testing
• Created test automation project using WinRunner and QuickTest Pro
• Updated existing test scripts to match new company guidelines for automation
• Reported bugs found using TrackGear bug tracking application
• Communicated with customers?, developers and QA Team members to resolve issues
• Monitored up to 5 test technicians and new QA team members.
• Worked with the customer on clarifying Change Requests
• Assured compliance of the testing processes with ISO 9001
• Analyzed log files generated but automated tests and reproduced failures
• Performed regression and platform certification testing
02/03 - 12/05 Software QA Engineer, Park Design, Moscow, Russia
• Tested multiple e-commerce applications developed for businesses all over the
countries of former USSR - Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, etc. Major projects include:
Dynamo Kiev Soccer Club, Bukva Book Store, Everest Computer & Electronics Store.
• Participated in software testing at all stages of software development life
• Wrote technical documentation including test plans, test suites, test cases,
check lists, etc.
• Executed structured and ad hoc tests for regression and functional testing of
• Researched software anomalies and made them reproducible.
• Reported software defects utilizing bug tracking software. Verified bugs fixed
in new releases.
• Developed and maintained automated regression tests with SilkTest.
• Provided cross-browser (MSIE, FireFox, Opera) and cross-platform (Windows Vista,
XP) testing, testing of GUI, functionality, navigation, performance, usability, etc.
• Wrote SQL statements to test database features – search, sort, etc.
• Able to follow directions, as well as to take decisive actions
• Very quick learner with the aptitude to grasp an idea or subject instantaneously
• Self-motivated, responsible, and reliable team player with strong technical
• Passion for software quality
• Professional SQA career minded, qa
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
2008 Certificate in Software QA, Portnov Computer School, Mountain View, CA
2005 Diploma in Software Testing, EPAM, Minsk, Belarus
2002 Diploma in Applied Mathematics and Programming, State University, Minsk, Belarus
2002 BS in Mathematics and Computers, State University, Brest, Belarus
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
- Location: city of san francisco/south ba/peninsula
- it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests