Product Manager interested in opportunities (sunnyvale)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2008-03-19, 4:15PM PDT
• Technology product marketing and management professional with more than eight years industry experience at leading software, companies including Apple Computer, Cisco Systems, Yahoo!, and AOL.
• Extensive background in full product life-cycle (from requirements definition to live production) for consumer and online products including cross-functional team leadership and offshore program management.
• Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment focusing on high quality leadership, engineering, and marketing.
• Achieved several recognitions and awards for completing high-level projects with exceptional quality.
• US Citizen – Born and raised in Santa Clara Valley, CA.
Bachelors of Science - Computer Science/Minor in Mathematics
San José State University
Budget management, headcount, strategy, and product planning.
Marketing/Project Management Skills: Formal Reports, Abstracts, Corporate and Professional Proposals, and collaborative documentation
Created several technical documents for and corporations for marketing and project management (PRD/MRD, Use Case Scenarios, Design Documents, etc).
Led team of engineers, product managers, and QA in US and offshore in the successful release of an online startup portal including search, login, and buying aspect.
Successfully managed online and customer marketing campaigns:
Drove Schedules, Feature Sets, and Product Design/Requirements Analysis for high level internet applications (database driven, front-end/back end driven sites), consumer products, and back end products used for tooling.
Worked with team members from across the globe to release and deploy products according to demanding deadlines. End-to-end deployment.
Programming Languages: JAVA, J2EE, MVC, XML, JSP, PHP
Web Development: JSP, PHP/mySQL, (Dreamweaver 7, Flash, GoLive)
Databases: (Oracle 9i): SQL (Joins, Advanced Querying), Subroutines, Relational Model,
Graphics: Adobe Photoshop 9.0, Illustrator 5.0, and PageMaker
OS: OS X, Basic UNIX ,Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP) Microsoft Office, LINUX (Basic Knowledge)
Tools: IBM WebSpheres (Application Server), BEA WebLogic 8.1, Apache Tomcat
Microsoft Visio: Stensils, wireframming, templating, and business modeling.
Akimbo Systems, Inc. 2007
Product Manager – Consumer User Experience and Marketing
• Manage transition from Hardware Based Client to Software / Video On Demand based system.
• Created new branding strategy for future Anime Portal release.
• Report directly to Chief Operating Officer.
• Ran Competitive Analysis on Video-On-Demand/Media portals in market.
• Began working on community management/marketing strategies: Blog, Forum, etc.
• Created specifications/features (MRD/PRD) for new VOD Browser Based Client Version 1.1 release
• Assisting to plan release for partner implementation of B2B Site: Cross-functionally among all departments (Engineering, QA, Content, Creative, Business Development)
YAHOO!, Inc. 2006
Product Manager - International Search and Marketplace
Managed all Search and Marketplace Products for Y! India – Answers, Monetization, MyWeb, Social Searching, etc. – from Concept to Delivery (Concept Documents, VMSO, use cases, process flow etc)
Participated in management of investment plan for Y! India: Headcount, Master Project Plan, Hiring etc.- Helped hire talent, managed marketing and campaign budget, and planned new search verticals for the next year.
Collaborated cross functionally with both Indian and US Organization: Engineering (front and back-end), Product, UI, Marketing, QA, and PR
Created and worked on market strategy for company, gained market share from competitors by 5% YOY.
Analyzed market share research, Unique Users, Page Views, making optimization for products, forecasting.
APPLE COMPUTER, Inc. 2004 – 2006
Systems Engineer / Web Developer – World Wide iPod Operations
Projects Completed: Employee Training Database, Wireless Ordering System, Profit Opportunity (Spend Reporting) Application, ICE (Independent Contractor Engagement) Form, and UNSPSC tool for GSMs (PHP/MySQL, HTML) – includes involvement of Financial Controllers, IT, and Apple.com Marketing
Created PRDs/MRDs, etc for all Applications developed.
Maintained application databases used for specific training purposes
Worked with vendors/suppliers for creation of tools for internal customers from around the world, including AsiaPac, EMEA and North America. Deployed all internal controls for SOX, and iPod Operation internal controls.
Trained employees in applications, including all surrounding documentation.
Marketed and Business Managed Enterprise Applications for Suppliers and World Wide Global Commodity Managers. Dealt with suppliers such as Cingular Wireless (including Requirements Analysis, Functional Specification Writing)
CISCO SYSTEMS, Inc. 2004
Program Manager / Developer – WW Education and Networking Academies
Business Design: Enhancement Requirements, Business Rules, Corporate Governance
Program Manager – Development Technologies/Cisco Networking Academies and Career Connection
Testing: BlackBox UI and WhiteBox (JUNIT)
Intern – NMTG 2000 - 2001
Completed XMLàXSLàHTML pages to dynamically create server reports for the network management software.
Ran several XML/XSL scripts through parsers (Xalan) for debugging and testing
Completed HTML page for Device Fault Manager project – allowed employees to check in documents and meeting minutes as well as check-on server readings and faults
BEA SYSTEMS, Inc. Summer 2003
Information Technology Intern / Engineer – Dev2Dev and eCommerce Group
Conducted Dev2Dev / DownloadCenter functional and performance testing for all environments (QA, Staging, Production).
Verified links and JSP code deployment using LinkBot
Burned and fully tested master copies of 8.1 Release Subscription Products on all major Operating Systems and Platforms.
Learned LoadRunner and SilkTest automation of Dev2Dev and Commerce UI’s and loadtesting.
Tested Browser Compatibility for all D2D and eCommerce websites including graphics verifications.
SAN JOSÉ STATE UNIVERSITY 2002
Teaching Assistant / Internship – Computer Science Department
Provided IT Support: IMAC and Macintosh (OS 9 , 9.1, 9.2.1, 10 and 10.2.4 (X)); Pentium III PC – Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Created CS100W (Technical Writing Workshop) Website:
• Utilized Net Objects Fusion 3.1, 4.0, 7.0 (Including HTML) on OS 9 and 10.2.4, Windows 2000 Professional
• Online Documents – Syllabus, Worksheets, Student Reference links, other resources.
• Links to other writing websites and English grammar references.
IBM / RATIONAL SOFTWARE, Inc. Summer 2002
Software Engineering Intern
Worked on IBM WebSpheres (Application Servers) and IBM VisualAge Java 3.5 to integrate servlet code into RDN (Rational Development Network)
Successfully automated test scripts using Rational Robot and Rational TestManager/Administrator
Used Rational’s SQABasic to help write automated scripts to run through various applications
Fixed and Edited bugs, related test cases, narrow down issues, and solve.
STARTUP FOUNDERS, INC. (Start-up Company) 2001 – 2002
Senior Development Engineer, Project Manager/Developer and Marketing (Individual Contractor)
Managed Bangalore, India team of engineering and product marketing here in the United States for product placement, pricing, channels, etc.
Managed key features and requirements for site, including technology, placement of product, UI, and target audience.
HEWLETT-PACKARD, Inc. Summer 2001
Intern - HP CALIPER Project
Worked on HP Caliper’s Shell Scripts (Cshell, Kshell ) to edit and run HP Caliper’s Programs to produce data
Experience using HP-UX and PA-RISC Machine (32 and 64 bit).
Analyzed Test Harnesses, scripts, and data representation
Debugged Exception Handling Test Suite - nightly test harness
CATAPULSE, Inc. (Startup Company) 2000
Edited and developed HTML design for Budweiser portal page using frames and style-sheets
Assisted in QA to test “toolbelt” functions, which consisted of functions to check- in and check-out programming code to engineers; as well as helped to test and maintain main portal page for product
AOL/NETSCAPE, Inc. 1998 – 2000
Software Maintenance Engineer
Supervised web design, quality assurance for Y2K, and maintained database for !Register-It! Product.
Completed Groups 1.0 project including testing of GroupMail 1.0 and GroupMail 1.0 BETA for America Online Communities Division/Divlet.
AtWeb, Inc. (Startup Company) 1997 – 1998
Maintained the !Register-It! Product and composed Browser Compatibility tool in WebSiteGarage Tune-up (Visit http://websitegarage.netscape.com).
• US Citizen – Born and Raised in Santa Clara Valley, CA.
• Presidential Award in 1996 for Outstanding Academic Achievement (Top 5% GPA)
• Indian Vocalist for over 11 years: South Indian classical music.
• Gave debut concert February 2000.
• Involved heavily in Indian Community Organization.
• Expert knowledge of Indian culture, dance, music, food
• Languages: English, Tamil, bits of Hindi, Spanish
- it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests