Pacific Media is looking for a key team member with a proven creative style and a versatile and wide ranging skill set to produce video and digital media including conceptualization and design skills
as well as ability to direct video shoots to achieve well composed and creative footage. You need advanced motion graphics capabilities with highly capable and creative editing capability.
Pacific Media is an award winning media communications production agency located in Santa Clara, CA with numerous Fortune 500 clients. We provide video, interactive and web media production services to corporate, government, and educational clientele. As a boutique media agency, staff must wear many hats and have broad based skills in addition to their core competencies.
• Conceptualization and design capability to support the development of proposals and treatments.
• Ability to clearly and compellingly communicate artistic concepts to clients.
• Create motion/FX with the creative and advanced use of After Effects, Motion, and other motion graphic software tools. Use Illustrator and Photoshop for all forms of digital media.
• Final Cut Editing with a proven design and aesthetic sensibility to manage design projects from conception to implementation.
• Able to create 2D animation in 2D using a wide array of tools.
• Direct video shoots to achieve well composed and creative footage.
• Function in a wide array of production roles, as needed.
• Solid understanding of formats and encoding to deploy media using the standard encoding tools.
• Final Cut and possibly Avid editing – advanced expertise with creative style.
• Advanced understanding of After Effects, Motion and other similar tools.
• Solid capability with Photoshop and a working familiarity with of Illustrator is a must.
• Experience directing video production shoots with crews from two to ten.
• Comfort using production tools (HD cameras, audio equipment, lighting, etc) is a must.
• Demonstrated experience with a number of digital encoding tools including Cleaner XL/Sorenson Squeeze familiarity with tools like Digital Rapids, and understanding of general deployment requirements.
• Aware of platform/browser issues and DVD delivery requirements as well as HD/SD needs and work flow. Familiar with file size optimization, the web-safe color palette and browser/platform issues.
• You much possess high energy, with excellent people and communication skills, and demonstrated organizational skills to achieve high productivity in a multi-tasking environment.
Required Experience and Education
Candidates must possess a minimum of 10 years creating video for corporate communications with demonstrated skills in each of the key competency areas noted above. High tech industry familiarity is a strong plus.
A minimum BA/BS in video/film, digital media, communications or a closely aligned related field is required.
Personal Work Style
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A willingness to experiment with outside-the-box creative solutions.
• Must be able to “think on your feet,” provide flexibility, offer quick revisions and have an arsenal of applied creative abilities.
• Can successfully troubleshoot own work with attention to detail.
• Has a “can do” attitude which includes willingness to work outside your core competency and to share some of the business operational tasks.
• Flexible and willing to work outside of your core competency as a team player.
• A self-starter to proactively support changes and improvements and look for better ways to do the work.
• Ability to work in a small team environment and yet can focus attention to the task at hand.
• Good client interface communication skills.
• Meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment, and occasionally, extremely aggressive deadlines.
• Highly motivated to learn new tools and stay up to date on current tools.
We are looking for a person who lives in the South Bay, mid Peninsula or lower East Bay area only. This is a full time on-site position with regular start by 8:30 or earlier, as needed hours. It may begin as a contract position to determine fit for our organization. Position available immediately.
Starting salary is based on experience and talent. We offer an industry competitive benefit package to our full time employees.
Please submit resume and an on-line portfolio via e-mail. Your portfolio must demonstrate creative corporate design and execution in the roles noted above.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
- Compensation: Starting salary is based on experience and talent. We offer an industry competitive benefit package to our full time employees.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.