In this post we are going to demonistrate how you can configure outlook 2007 for Gmail POP3
To configure outlook 2007 follow the following steps
- In the Outlook main menu, click Tools, then Account Settings. This opens the Account Settings dialog box.
- Click New to launch the Add New E-mail Account wizard.
- On the Choose E-mail Service screen, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, then click Next.
Enter your Gmail account information here for Outlook 2007.
- On the Auto Account Setup screen, enter your name (as you want it to appear in the From field of messages) into the Your Name field.
- Enter your full Gmail email address, which is your username followed by "@gmail.com", in the E-mail Address field.
- Enter your Gmail password in the Password field.
- Enter your Gmail password again in the Retype Password field, then click Next.
- Outlook connects to the Gmail servers, and assuming you entered your account information correctly, after a moment it displays the Congratulations! screen.
- Click Finish. Your Gmail account is configured.
Now you are ready to go...
Use the CTRL-1 keyboard shortcut to go to the Mail view.