Bleacher Report is the world's largest sports network powered by journalists and informed fans. Our community of experts creates many hundreds of original stories each day; we publish their work to the millions of people who visit Bleacher Report on a monthly basis, and syndicate to major partners, including CBS Sports and Fox Sports.
Our success is based on providing our community of talented writers with the best possible experience. Our publishing platform enables them to create first-rate content, and our wide reach delivers their work to a large audience of sports fanatics. Thus, for many writers, contributing to Bleacher Report is a better experience than operating an independent blog.
Those who read Bleacher Report on a daily basis do so because of the breadth and depth of our coverage: we provide more quality content than can be found on traditional media sites and our editorial offers readers the true fans' perspective. No other sports website delivers more creative and original coverage than Bleacher Report.
Bleacher Report is looking to hire a vice president of product management to oversee the management and evolution of our web site into a top-tier destination
. As head of the three person product management team, this position is responsible for identifying and designing the products that support Bleacher Report’s business goals. Your peers will be the vice presidents of engineering, content and business development.
• Lead overall product strategy, taking into consideration business objectives, competitive landscape, customer needs, and budget constraints.
• Oversee the planning and creation of all site features, ensuring that design and site interactions are best in class.
• Develop standards for and ensure timely delivery of all requirements documents, wireframes, and designs.
• Analyze the product’s effectiveness based on objective and subjective feedback. Adapt strategy based on feedback to ensure optimal performance.
• Bring best practices and professional management to foster excellence in execution.
• Continually analyze business results and product development process and implement improvements.
• Ensure competitiveness of offerings by developing and driving systematic competitive analysis and response programs.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Demonstrated success building a large-scale consumer web destination and leading a world-class product management team with strong processes and methodologies.
• Proven understanding of issues and opportunities related to operating a content and community site, ideally in the sports category.
• A highly analytical and structured thinker able to put complex ideas into clear frameworks and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities.
• Strong understanding of visual design concepts, with ability to offer direct feedback on site layout, user interactions, and general usability.
• 10 to 15 years experience spanning product management, product strategy and/or usability design functions in the consumer internet space.
• BA or BS required; MBA or graduate degree in technical/design field is a plus.
• Agile or Scrum methodology experience also a plus.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.